Sunday, February 1, 2009

Merry Christmas to all

As everyone knows I am a horrible blogger, but we did have a GREAT Christmas and hope everyone also enjoyed theirs.
My highlight was this year was every week we decided to do something for someone else, one of the weeks we went through and put christmas tags on a bunch of stuffed animals and went to a Old folks, rehab home that our friend Katie works at. It was great to see the boys hand out the stuffed animals and especially to see my boys who HATE kisses and my shy Brody who will usually never go near anyone he doesn't know, accept hugs and KISSES from these Grandma's.
The boys had a great Christmas and I love this time of year, but have decided I HATE the shopping. I tried once when I didn't have the boys to go shopping and I walked into Walmart went to the back of the store, turned around and walked back out, it was soooo crowded. I went home, went online and did most of the rest of my shopping online. I use to make fun of people who started shopping June before, but this year it might happen!

We got a REAL tree this year and it turned out very nice, Allen loves real tree's I personally hate spending the money on them and our luck in the past hasn't been the best, but this one survived from the weekend after Thanksgiving through Christmas. (Yes we had a tree up all through December, usually we get on up the week before Christmas) Also we found a tree lot a couple blocks from our home and they delivered it for free to us! That always helps. I didn't get a picture after it was decorated though, big bummer.

We did get other opportunities for the boys to visit Santa, Brody wouldn't get near him.
We were even lucky enough to get a personal visit to our house from Santa, the boys must of been really good this year! My brother just happened to be visiting signing papers for his new house so Lexi also got to see Santa, she was about as thrilled as Brody at the prospect.
Brody is even smiling!!! I think it has more to do with the candy cane than being by Santa!

Christmas is always full of fun and parties! It was great seeing everyone and enjoying the Holidays with family and friends.
Allen and I wanted to go "light" this year, but it seems to not happen as usual, the boys were spoiled rotten from all their great grandpa, grandma's and Uncles, Aunts and Cousins.
Christmas Morning


Wondering why they got a tinkerbell movie...

It was snowing REALLY hard at our house Christmas morning and we are grateful that everyone was able to make it out there, some got stuck on their way back out, but what is Christmas without insane amounts of snow!

The night ended with a movie downstairs with the Robins, as Daddy's present was speakers and Mommy's was a new couch!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New year (belated...)

2 comments:

Summer said...

I have to admit, it's a little funny to see a blog title of "Merry Christmas" in February. But hey, you're trying to catch up, right. It's fun to see pictures of your family and read about the adventures, even if it is a little late. An adorable family you have!

Heather said...

Yeah, I am always late, but since I save my posts as a journaling for my boys I can't skip to many events!!