Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Weekend


Great trip down in Torrey, so Allen could go turkey hunting, rained Saturday morning so he never got out hunting, but we had a great time hiking the canyons, then driving down a different road and enjoying the mountains! The boys probably loved swimming the most at the indoor pool!


Hanging with Cousins

There was the really cool "pioneer registry" we were able to see their names they carved in when they came through. Unfortuantly some disrespectful rude people have felt the need to carve their names in also which ruins it, but still cool to see



We also saw the Fremont Indian Polygraphs (spelled right?) Which was really cool to look at, unfortuantly I didn't get a picture of it.
Great trip lots of fun and I didn't have a total panic attack hiking in some of the narrower areas.

3 comments:

Allen said...

Petroglyphs, not a lie detector test!! You must be married to a PI?

Jen Johnson said...

I know what you mean about narrow places and high places. I freak out-- a little scared of heights, but I deal most of the time. Let's meet sometime this summer and camp half as families or cheap hotel camp? whatever works...
jen

Grandmaj said...

Did you happen to see the 'Hanks' writings on the walls at Capital Reef? I have some photos of them from when we went when you were little. Or maybe that was when I was expecting you :)