Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Child Services

So if Child Services come knocking on my door I shouldn't be surpised. Anyone who has been around Colby for a couple of years knows he is accident prone, especially around concrete and his forehead. The problem is these accidents only happen a couple times of the year. When is that you might ask? That would be picture time! So if you notice the boys on take 1 of together pictures Colby's forehead is all scratched up. Brody's eye was slightly swollen (not a lot) do to him running in a chair. Yes I had the thought of pictures in my head so yes they got hurt. So you might think I'm crazy, but I can pull up Colbys one year etc.. and you'll notice he wears a beanie on his head a lot. That is to hide the newest addition to his forehead. So this past month is again a picture month. Not for Colby though, for Brody. I wasn't worried after all why would he follow in his brothers footsteps. His 3 month, 6 month pictures went without a problem and the 9 month wasn't a huge sore. We go in to get pictures taken, they have a two 1/2 hour wait time, we set the appointment. While waiting, friends of ours called and asked if we wanted to do dinner. We decided we had time and went to their house to pick them up. I had to pull some stuff off the computer for work real quick so I left Brody to Allens care while I did that (Yes I am putting all blame on Allen) Well Brody not only proved to me that I am abusing my kids by even having the thought of pictures in my head, but he showed me he could one up Colby (or so we thought) While Allen was looking at pictures of a Jeep, Brody wandered over to our friends stairs and literally walked straight off of them. I came and saw him doing somersaults the last 1/2 of the stairs. He only cried for a little bit and just seemed scared so I did start checking his face for any obvious marks. Here is one of the pictures we took (Yes we still went, I wanted to get a picture of his fangs before the middle teeth grew in) He didn't cooperate for a fangs pictures, but oh well, I at least got him in for his one years.


So we kept him turned so you couldn't see the side of his face that was banged up, it worked okay! So Colby was jealous that Brody got his pictures taken, so I told him we would run to Walmart and let him have some taken. I even asked him what he wanted to wear. But that was at least 3 days BEFORE what happened next.

This is 4 days after it happened, so thank goodness it has cleared up quite a bit, but he scraped from the top of the forehead clear down to a fat lip. So what do I do? Quit taking or even thinking about taking my kids to get pictures?

No comments: