Friday, April 24, 2009

Wow

Brody is very ANTI potty training right now, everything I try he basically ignores me (Except the shooting cheerios in the toilet, then he got mad and told me that you EAT those not put them in the toilet). So I decided I would just bring it up here and there but back off so the other day I was changing again a Stinky diaper and as I was changing it I decided to ask him, "Why he didn't use the potty" to my SHOCK he goes, "Well if you stopped hasslin me" WHAT, so I was so shocked I had to say, "what did you say" and he repeated it!! I couldn't stop laughing after I told him okay we would try it his way. BUT if my son is old enough to know the word hasslin and ability to use it in a correct sentence I think he is old enough to change his own diapers. (I wish) Anyways any suggestions would be great??? Brody is very stubborn and so I know he needs to have choices and things need to be his idea, sooo I guess we will wait and hope he decides before preschool starts:)

5 comments:

Travis Jacobson said...

Our pediatrician told us to never discuss it with Lexi unless she brought it up. It is very difficult for us, but she has started to show interest. Maybe this technique would work for Brody? He may decide to just do it himself.

I love that he used the word Hasslin, he is being raised in the country and he is proud of it!

Heather said...

One thing for sure a kid will never do it until they are ready:) Our pediatrician recommended the bribe technic with Colby and it worked great, but Brody hmmm not so much.

Kristen and Garrett Halligan said...

Ha I'd just take his advice and stop hasslin' him! ha that is so awesome. I think he will just decide to do it one day when you're least expecting it...

lrbodine said...

That's too funny. We got this video called "Potty Power" and Ellie pretty much trained herself on number 1. But for some reason we can't get her to go poop on the potty! I definitely need help in that area.

Summer said...

Kids say the darnedest things! Good luck with the potty training. My mother in law wants to start training Emery who is only 17 months .. I told her "good luck with that and I'll just keep changing diapers for now".