Wednesday, April 14, 2010

School is Starting for Colby

I can't believe how big my Colby is. He is so excited to be going to first grade. First I must tell you how I AGAIN put my foot in my mouth. I am the biggest dork sometimes. So I have been upset with Colby's school, we did our track requests, which I of course requested A Track, then D Track. Thinking either would be good, but A Track would mean he didn't have to miss school during our vacation and he would be home when the baby came. D Track was an option that would work. So what track do we get.... B, what the heck? Not even my first two and I have two neighbors that got A track and didn't even submit a choice. Well to change a track you had to go to the school by 8 in the morning, first come, first right to change. Well I sent Allen there 30 minutes prior to 8 and he ended up being number 9 in line. So I figured no problem we def. will get our change request. Well time comes and goes and I hear nothing, so I call, they say they will call me back and so I wait. Again no call, then I go in and leave a note, she said she would check into it, no call. Finally I go back in talk to the person I need to, she agains says she will look into it, gives me a call an hour later and says, "Sorry, there is no room in A track" I was furious, knowing they had to of messed up with the paperwork, being number 9 in line and knowing at least 5 of the people in front were working on getting other tracks. Same time I get a notice that Colby's teacher is a male. Well I'm not sure why that worried me, my favorite elementary teacher was a male first grade teacher. I just didn't think Colby would respond well to a Male teacher and I worried how hard he would be on the kids etc...
So I am hanging out at the school for a PTA mtg (yes I got suckered to participate in that) I was talking to the front person in the office who I knew and decided to ask her about this teacher, get an idea of what to expect. Well as I was asking her, this guy walks into the office and stands about 10 feet away, he had longer hair and in "work" style clothes, I saw him, but didnt' think for a minute he was a teacher, oh how wrong I was!!! After asking the front person if she had any information on him, she said he was new this year. Then as I asked her if he was a "manly man" and what type of teacher he was, she kinda pointed her head back. I thought that the guy in the principals office must of been the teacher (again not thinking it was the man 10 feet away) I was whispering, but not quite enough I am sure. The next day when it was time to meet Colby's new teacher, who would it be, but the man that was standing 10 feet away. I was sooooo embarrassed, I can't believe what a dork I am. Well all my worry ment nothing. Colby LOVES his new teacher, he is sooo excited to have a guy teacher and soooo excited to start school. I am going to miss my little man so much, a whole day of school he will be gone......

Brody MISSED HIM sooooo much, every hour he asked, "When is Colby coming home?" He was not happy to see him leave after having a summer of fun with him!!
Colby came home and said, "That was the BEST FIRST DAY of FIRST GRADE EVER" it can't get any better than that!

1 comment:

Travis Jacobson said...

Didn't he start school last Fall?

These posts are awesome, they remind me of that letter you wrote me when I was on my mission.

I say 'letter' because it took you 2 years to write one letter that you sent the month before I got home. It had 2 years worth of updates and I could tell you would write a little and then forget to send it. Then you would find it and write a little more and then forget to send it again. It was the best!