Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Update- Are we crazy or what....

We had such a nice time in Disneyland last January that we decided why not let's go again...... Does that make us crazy??? ABSOLUTELY! We went with some of my family. The boys hit the BYU game in Vegas and California. We went to Disneyland, the beach, Universal Studios, Sea World and San Diego Zoo.

At Hunington Beach with all the family, ocean was a little cold, but it didn't stop them from going in.
Disneyland!!! Caitlin was Brody's buddy at Disneyland, he wanted to sit by her and be around her the whole time. We did have a scare this year though, while Allen and I were riding Alice in Wonderland, Brody and Colby were with my brother and sister-in-law, plus they had their 3 kids. When we got off of the ride, Jason came up to us and said, "Brody is lost" we didn't believe him at first, but quickly realized he wasn't kidding. I imediately sent Allen one way and I went the other looking for him. As I am walking through fantasyland calling his name, I of course think of all the horrible things that could of happened. I turn back to be sure I get all my brothers to check the bathrooms and head towards one to check it out. As I am looking into the bushes, and water by the castle, I get a text from Allen that he found him. I am so PROUD of my little boy. When we went on vacation last January we told our boys if they got lost to sit down off to the side, to not wonder, but just sit down and then we explained who to talk to when they are lost. Brody said he thought he saw my brother leave the store and followed him, I'm not sure when he realized he was following the wrong person, but he was had wondered from the Mad Hatter store towards the castle. During that time a Disney worker noticed that he was wondering alone. Their policy is to follow the child for awhile to make sure a parent isn't keeping an eye on him from a far and give the parent a chance to find him. She said she followed him through the castle where he went straight to the bench and sat down. She then asked him his name and sat there with him. I asked him why he sat down and he remembered what we had told him. He was so brave and didn't cry until Allen found him. He remembers getting lost and making his Aunt Cindy cry and making his mom and dad sad. I would have to say having a child lost is one very scary experience. After that I think everyone slowed down a bit and we were able to enjoy the rest of our disneyland experience. Our goal this trip was for Colby to like the "big" rides and we achieved that! We knew with him being able to go on these rides with his cousin Jordan and Uncles he would realize what fun they were. He even went on Indiana Jones again and had fun. The boys favorite ride had to of been Star Tours, then went on that a ton of times. I of course being pregnant was stuck on the sidelines watching, but when it comes to Star Tours, I'm quite okay with that!
This is one of my favorite pictures, Goofy and Colby both as skeletons, how cool is that?
We again did breakfast with Minnie, that is one of our favorite things to do and it was so rainy that it added a nice break from outside. Plus the kids get to see so many characters, their favorite seems to be
Captain Hook and Chip and Dale, this time it was a little bit busier than last, plus we did breakfast earlier and so they characters didn't spend as much time goofing off, something to remember next time.
This is at Universal Studios, we didn't get to everything we wanted to here, but I'm sure the kids didn't notice just us Adults.... My favorite event was there was a crepe store right outside the park where I got a yummy crepe, hmmm yes it is all about the food at 6 months pregnant.

Brody's favorite places were not Disneyland or Universal Studios, but Sea World and San Diego Zoo, of course, he LOVES animals, I'm not sure if this is THE killer whale, hopefully not, but it was a great show and I was a little grateful that my boys weren't at the show the whale went crazy, because Brody loved it and I would hate for him to be scarred for life.
All in all it was a hectic tiring trip and I paid for it MAJOR after with Bronchitis and Brody ended up getting Swine Flu, so much for being the hand sanitizer nazi, it did no good, thank you for all you that helped take care of our sick household after this trip!!

1 comment:

Travis Jacobson said...

That trip was a blast! Brody and Colby were so much fun. Brandi told me that one of her favorite parts of the trip was when Colby and her got away from the group somehow and ended up going on a bunch of rides together. Colby was having such a good time he didn't want to find the group, he had someone that would do whatever he wanted and he was in heaven leading Brandi from ride to ride!

Also, the most recent killer whale accident was in Florida. I thought the same thing when I heard about it though, good thing it wasn't during our show because SeaWorld was Lexi's favorite place. We heard about "Shampoo" for months after.